What is the process and how do we make it different than other custom builders?
1) Initial Meeting – We sit down with you for a face to face meeting. Often in a home we have completed or one we have under construction. This first meeting is like a first date – how do we get along? Building a home is a long process, you want to make sure you are comfortable with your builder and vice versa, the builder wants to be comfortable with the client.
2) Professional Agreement – together we sign a professional agreement and secure a deposit. This gives us the opportunity to work on the design of your home (if you haven’t already done this with another firm). We also work on lot acquisitions, soils testing, engineering and budgeting.
3) Budgeting – The budget is based on actual selections NOT allowances. We do not believe in giving our clients allowances but rather taking the time before we start the build process to develop all the selections and finishes. This helps us in 2 ways:
a. It gives us greater control over the timeline of construction
b. It gives us the ability to give a very accurate budget to the client.
4) Contract – After the design/budget phase is complete we move on to the final contract. Final contract gives both parties the confidence that this is really happening!
5) Permitting – Next we being the permitting process. Plans are reviewed by the proper authorities and when released we begin the build
6) The Build – The build of your home will take anywhere from 5-7 months depending on weather and many other factors. Our goal is to make this process as quick as possible without compromising our quality.
7) Warranty – After your home is complete and you move in, your warranty period begins. We offer our clients a 1,2,8 warranty.
a. 1 year on all labor and materials
b. 2 years on all mechanical systems, HVAC, Electrical and Plumbing
c. 8 years on all structure.
If this sounds like an idea you may want to try out – give us a call. We would love to discuss with you the building of your next custom home!